Thursday, December 18, 2008

Introduction to Robotics experience

This robotics class was really interesting. I even enjoyed doing homework. From the experience I have been in this class, constructing robot is very significant. This is because it's linked to every aspect of both science and math. For instance, if the robot has bigger wheels in circumference, it can move further than the one has smaller wheels with a same number of rotations. Programming the NXT is important too. Although the robot is well constructed for a certain situation, if programming is wrong, the robot won't work effectively. For example, we need to be very careful of making the program related to a sound sesnor. We should make two wait blocks to avoid two actions to simultaneously happen. Finally, utilizing every sensor is also pivotal. Without using sensors, we can't apply the robot to many situations. For example, without any sensors, what the robot can do is just moving as soon as it starts to run. Nevertheless, with a light sensor for instance, we can track a line with a specific color.

This class teached me a lot of scientific and mathmatic asepcts as I read the robotics book. With basic knowledges I gained by reading the book, I could effectively not only program NXT but also construct the robot. Then I could check if my applying was right by running the robot. Furthermore, this class required me to communicate and collaborate with people. Because this class was lacking the robots and books in number, it was very important to discuss with people and come up with a good plan. Also while doing some challenges, I needed to share the ideas well.

No comments:

Post a Comment